WHEW!!

Ok - so you may (or may not) be asking why the lag in posting? Well, December was simply a whirlwind of change and transition, of which I am still attempting to settle into. It began late in November when after much thought and prayer, I gave my notice at work. I had been with the company for nearly 4 1/2 years and it had proved to be steady, comfortable, secure. However, many aspects of my job had nothing to do with who God made me or what He was calling me towards. As a result, it was not long before burn-out set in. More and more I felt I was running in the opposite direction of where I felt God pulling me to be and the longer I held out, the more miserable I felt. It was a relief to finally give my notice, and even more a relief to know I had the full support and blessing of those that I worked with. God was so good!

Then came the winds of change like a roaring, uncontrollable gust that can be both exhilerating and frightening all at once. Early in Decemeber Michael and I became owners of our very first home! Everything we had prayed for and more came rolling to us in a humbling and quick set of transactions which floored us beyound what I can articulate right now. All I can say is that the price the Lord gave the house to us for was nearly 19,000 below the appraised price and well below what the asking price had been. Just when we thought a roadbump was emminent, the doors swung wide. Mortgage rates fell, we were able to lay nearly a 1/3 of the price down making us exempt from mortgage insurance, and the inspection went more smoothly than we could have expected for a home that was over 50 years old. Our home's condition is fantastic - save some cosemetic help which we gave it in the two weeks prior to our move-in date. Work was long, hard, and at times frustrating but so worth it! On Dec. 30th we moved in and are becoming more and more settled each day. Last Friday was my official last day at my job and I was ushered out completely humble by the caliber of people that I got to work with, who are now very good friends.

So - what's next? I ask myself this almost daily. My heart's desire would be that within this next year Michael and I could begin our own family. I have played around with the idea of part-time work until that time, but am also praying that I would fill my time with the things that most glorify God - whether that be volunteer opportunities at the church, other ministry options, or, writing. I thank God for this period, albeit very unfamiliar to me and way beyound my comfort zone. I am simply trying to trust Him for His best - not what I think is best. There is more to life than the security a steady pay check brings or the satisfaction of job success - there is something more eternal that God has set my heart on and it may take this time of quiet and solitude for God to get a hold of me in a way that I can clearly hear his voice and obey. Sometimes I think that's the very reason it's so much easier to fill our lives with noise, clutter, and ceaseless activity. Being quiet and waiting can be hard, and then - hearing his voice can at times be painful as He continues to carry out the process of refining us more into His image. In all reality, I'm a rusty vessle that needs chipped away at and pruning in order to be used by Him in the way He intends. I'm excited for the process, but whew - am I ever glad that His word promises us that through our weaknesses He is made strong. May God get all the glory through this time of transition, change, growth, and uncertainty. He alone is the alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And, my friends, He's not done yet!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kristy! What a great blog entry! Although I knew about your job & house, it was nice to have more details. One third down! You are blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristy,

It sounds great. I love to hear what you write. It is like seeing into your heart.

I love you and am excited to see what God has planned for you.

Your Husband

    Powered By Blogger
    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones