Nuts, Bolts, and Powerlessness

I'm writing!  Finally - after years of contemplating, praying, and procrastination, I'm breaking away from my comfort zone and putting pen to the paper.  It's the most exhilarating ride I can think to be on right now, as God has been seemingly overflowing my thoughts with ideas, words, and stories.  Currently I am writing my way through my first novel and have four chapters down.  Amazingly, not only have I begun work on this piece of christian fiction, but have outlined a second story, which I plan to run with when my current project is completed.  Both stories have been fully outlined already - the second in great detail in a matter of about forty-five minutes.  Only God can do that.  Honestly though, I have no idea if God will pave the way through the publishing world for me or not.  The path is strewn with the unknown.  The only thing I do know is that I need to finish the task at hand, writing.  What God chooses to do with it beyound that is in His hands, and His hands alone.  I only pray that I am faithful in persevering and faithful to write only the words that would serve to encourage, build up, and remind people of the BIG God we have, even when at times we all face what seems like insurmountable odds and circumstances.  He has encouraged me deeply.  He's called me to encourage.  For now, I am confident that God has called me to write and equipped me with the ability to do so by handing me His stories, as well as some guidance on where to go once they are complete.  Even in writing, I am fully aware that I am powerless without Him, completely unable to pen anything down without first having His wisdom, guidance, and direction.  Without Him the words are meaningless, I am powerless to change any of that on my own.  No amount of talent, drive, passion, or even connections could open the doors - only God can.  Years ago He gave me the dream.  Presently, He has now inspired me with His stories and released me to run with them.  After all, you can't be a writer unless you write, right?  I am aiming for at least 2000 words a day, we'll see!  When I am weak - then He is strong!  It's a learning process.  I am absolutely sure I'll bounce against the curves, roadblocks, and inevitably, my own mistakes along the way.  Who of us hasn't?

Today however, has been a day full of the nitty-gritty.  Editing, research, blog updates, etc.  I'm praying for wisdom and perseverance, as this is just the beginning of a long process, quite foreign to me.  I invite you all to share this journey with me by praying for me along the way.  Thanks for "landing" here and I'll keep writing!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy:
Keep writing! It's wonderful and I know that God has given you this talent for a purpose. I, for one, will be praying for you in this endeavor.

In His precious love,

Deb :-)

    Powered By Blogger
    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones