Chapter Five Complete!

It feels so good to be writing!  And yet, the process is hard. Writing is hard. Perhaps the most difficult thing to handle is the questions. "So, do you have connections?" or "That's great, have you had anything published yet?" To these questions and even the looks that carry the unvoiced questions, I have learned to say, "All writers have to start somewhere. You can't be a writer unless you write." That's where I am, I'm writing. I'm writing and I'm taking it on faith that God has a plan for this journey, even if I don't have the full road map in hand. A roadmap would be nice, but then, if I had it, I wouldn't be learning all the lessons I am now without it. As I think about what would be most regrettable in this journey, not having tried stands out as the one that keeps me prodding forward. I must be obedient to the call, I’m not asked to figure it all out yet. Hebrews 11: 1 states, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  I’m not alone. The bible is chalk-full of men who knew God and were called to step out in obedience, yet at the same time, were unsure of exactly where they were stepping. They went out “by faith.” Hebrews 11:7-8 states, “By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith. By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.”

So, I’m rolling along by faith. By faith we listen, by faith we obey, in faith we go. It’s an exhilaratingly painful journey at times, but yet, it’s a journey that draws us closer to the heart of God. That alone is a direction I want to be going, and in so doing, I have discovered a greater joy than what I thought were possible. Success is not defined, in this sense, by publication or men’s praise, but rather, by my heavenly father who cheers as I try – living out my faith through obedience.


0 comments:

    Powered By Blogger
    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones