A Pocket-Full of Sunshine

Today I have a pocket-full of sunshine sitting on my desk despite the clouds and rain looming outside. Four little reasons actually that sit here at work brightening my day. I have my husband to thank for them actually. Gerber Daisies have always been my favorite flower. For those of you who have seen "You've got mail," I tend to agree with Meg Ryan that, "They are such a happy flower." Even on days that it's hard to find something to smile about, these always tip my grin right-side up. Today their bright yellow reminds me of how much I love and miss the sun. When I was younger I naively thought I could live in Seattle but now realize the weather would probably get to me after a while. There is not much that can compare to the feel of warm sun radiating on me after a particularly long bought of winter, cold weather, or rain. There are days I could stay out in weather like that forever. Something else I miss tremendously after long stints of time without it is God's Word. I don't know how I manage to get by for so long without it, and really if I think about it, I really don't. Just like I begin to long for sunny warm days after a period without them, I begin to hunger and need the Lord's fresh insight in my life. He alone is able to get me through the dreary days and give me the strength I need for the tasks and circumstances ahead. May I learn to long and cling for him to a greater degree than I know today.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Kristy! So this entry is the only one I'll have time for today (the dog REALLY needs played with), but I wanted to say it is good to read your words & your testimony again after so many years of loosing touch! I have so many fond memories of hanging out with you and talking to you. Your entry reminded me that we need to want to be close to the Lord even when there is nothing to be grateful/happy or worried/sad about. You should see the look Kaelah gets on her face when Danny & I pray together. It's like she nows we're talking to God but she just looks at us like, "Why are you closing your eyes? I talk to Him all the time!" (:

    Powered By Blogger
    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones